httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Warhurst, SI (Spencer) " <S.I.Warhu...@rl.ac.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] RewriteRules
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:49:31 GMT
Hi

This is my first foray into rewrite rules, and I'm stuck on something.

I want a user to be able to type in their browser:

http://www.myserver.com/messages/listname/0703/10

and the server to translate that to:

http://www.myserver.com/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0307&L=listname&T=0&F=&S=&P=10

I made the following adjustments/entries into httpd.conf:

  LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

  # Configure ReWrite
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteLog "d:/apache2/logs/rewrite.log"
  RewriteRule ^/messages/(.+?)/(\d{2})(\d{2})/(\d+)
/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind$3$2&L=$1&T=0&F=&S=&P=$4

However, when I try to go to a message with the URL it responds:

"Bad request!
Your browser (or proxy) sent a request that this server could not
understand.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the blah
Error 400"

There is nothing in rewrite log and the access log just has the 400 message
in.

It's probably something simple, but can you suggest what?

Thanks

--
Spencer