httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Ollerenshaw <nat...@valuecommerce.ne.jp>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Debian 3.0r1 Apache 1.3.26 cgi-bin behavior depends on script name and browser (?)
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 01:54:28 GMT
On Oct 1, 2003, at 9:14 AM, Brian Dessent wrote:

> This is exactly the sort of reason why you should always use CGI.pm and
> not try to handle HTTP headers, forms, encoding, etc. with code that
> your write.  It's almost guaranteed that there is always some minor
> thing that will break "home brewed" scripts that is handled properly by
> CGI.pm.

Or go one step even better, and use CGI::Application. Not only does it
handle all the mess for you (by using CGI.pm) but it also provides a
framework for your application that makes sense.

Mix it up with HTML::Template to do the HTML presentation, and
Form::Validator (I think thats the module) and you have everything you
need to make an application quickly and safely.

The great thing about CGI::Application, though, as everyone knows, is
that if you decide you need it to run faster, you can with very little
modification make it a mod_perl app.

Just my 2c. :)

Nathan.