httpd-users mailing list archives

From Webmaster <eag...@chatministries.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] help needed on multiple domain root directories ver 1.3.28 Win32
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:48:43 GMT
Thanks very much for responding, Robert.

I was hoping that by addressing the server from any machine on the LAN that
I could see whatever seperate hosts I had set up there, because the server
is as much for LAN use as WAN use. However I can't find the syntax to use
to do that in the docs.

If I type the LAN IP address (which is http://192.168.0.2) or the computer
name (which is http://goldeneagle) of the machine on which the Apache
server is installed into the browser url window of ANY Windows98SE machine
on the LAN (including the one the server is on), I consistently reach the
eagles-lair.dyndns.org website - and that alone (using IE 5.5 or Opera 7.x).

Trying to address the server in any other way returns a "could not locate
remote server" or similar response.

It looks as though further configuration of the server is needed somehow
for my side of the router/firewall to access the second and any subsequent
vhosts; but I don't seem to find any documented instructions on how to do
this.

I did talk with the dyndns.org customer support people before writing here.

Sorry to be a "dummy" over this problem!

Sincerely,

Richard Ashton
eagles@chatministries.org