httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Lieurance" <ja...@vipersystems.biz>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL not working after stop/start of apache
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:29:28 GMT
Hello,

Details:

FreeBSD 4.7 web,dns,email server running apache 1.3.27, php 4.32, openssl,
courier-imap 1.44, squirrelmail, qmail, bind 9.2.2, phpa 1.3.3rc2, etc.

Anyway, on Saturday our web guy was doing some stuff and got several of these errors:

[Sat Sep 13 09:47:36 2003] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30
seconds exceeded in /usr/local/apache/vipersystems/admin/stats/config.php on line 4

Then around 11:00am give or take, apache quit responding to http requests and he
called me and I had him do a graceful restart which was successful. Upon checking
the log files Sunday night and then top and ps -aux, I noticed 1 of the 7 apache
processes was consumeing over 136 MB of memory and the swap went from using 22k to
44MB! So I stopped apache and resatarted. As usual when we have to do this ssl quits
responding and I have to remove the sess* and phpa* files in the /tmp directory,
perhaps a couple times. Then most times, IE 6 require the cache and cookies deleted
to access our webmail via ssl (I believe its related to phpa accelerator or a
seesion problem or both). But anyway, this time its monday and no ssl yet. Any
thoughts?

--
Jason