httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Satya Narayan Dash" <ndsa...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [users@httpd] Is it a Memory issue in Apache 2.0.47 ???
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:24:17 GMT
Joshua,

I could not get you. Can you please elaborate? Why should a system
keep the memory when the application is not there...in fact, what
exactly happens?? the cache is not getting cleared...does the
dynamice connector (mod_jk.dll) have any role to play in it.
Is it normal in a win2k system?

Yes, the memory consumption stabilizes after it cosumes some MBs
of memory. If again I am connecting some more HTML/jsp clients,
then again it increases and stabilizes.

-Satya-

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 Joshua Slive wrote :

>On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Satya Narayan Dash wrote:
> > The memory consumption goes up and if I am killing my
>clients
> > (which sends HTML/JSP/Servlets requests), then , it hovers
> > around the same shoot-up value.
>
>It is not surprising that memory consumption will increase as the
>server
>ramps up and begins serving requests.  It is also not surprising
>that the
>memory consumption never decreases.  Most systems do not allow
>applications to release memory back to the O/S.
>
>The question is, does memory usage keep increasing indefinitely?
>If so,
>then you have a leak someplace.  If memory usage eventually
>stabalizes,
>then I don't see a problem.
>
>If you do find a leak, then you need to identify what triggers
>it.  Try
>running apache without the JSP/servlets and see what happens.
>
>Joshua.

Art meets Anesthesia; Shefali Weds Dr. Raman.
Rediff Matchmaker strikes another interesting match !!
Visit http://matchmaker.rediff.com?1