httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Pyne <rp...@kinfolk.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] POST turns into GET problem
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:49:28 GMT
On Monday 29 September 2003 09:33 am, Jeff Lacki wrote:
> Ok well this brings up another minor problem.  Im hosting
> this domain with nsi.com and have selected their DNS servers,
> and I had them point the domain name to my static ip address.
>
> If I type 'host ptsdsurvey.com' I dont get my ip address,
> I get another.  How do I fix that?

Try doing a 'dig ptsdsurvey.com ANY' and a 'dig www.ptsdsurvey.com
ANY'. You will notice that there is no A record for ptsdsurvery.com.

The easiest fix is to change DNS providers to someone who puts your
business needs ahead of their own greed. In their infinite lack of
wisdom, they are only resolving www.ptsdsurvey.com so they can
redirect ptsdsurvey.com to their search engine.

--
Richard B. Pyne
rpyne@kinfolk.org