httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Satya Narayan Dash" <ndsa...@rediffmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Is it a Memory issue in Apache 2.0.47 ???
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:56:23 GMT
Hi All,

I posted this question previously, but did not get any reply.
Hope, this time I would.

I am running an integrated Apache 2.0.47 and Tomcat 4.1.27, with
mod_jk as connector.

I've an interesting observation. When I load Apache-Tomcat with
enough JSP / Servlet/ HTML requests the memory consumption is
increasing and Apache does not seem to release it.

I know that the issue w.r.t. memory exhasution when <lf>
characters are fed is fixed in Apache 2.0.47. But, can anyone tell
what is happening here???

My Application Configuration:

1. Apache serves the HTML pages and JSP/Servlets are redirected
    to Tomcat.   (Connector - mod_jk / AJP13)
2. Tomcat has no role to play to serve the HTML pages.
    (non-SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 coyote port is commented out)
3. Apache and Tomcat are running as two independent threads,
    with Apache starting first.

The memory consumption, for win2k, is shown in this table.
(This is w.r.t. Apache 2.0.40 and the same thing is repeated in
Apache 2.0.47. )

-----------------+-------------------+----------------+-----------------
Parent Process   |   Child Process   |  No.Of Pages   |   Running
Time
(in KB)          |     (in KB)       |                |   (In
min)
-----------------+-------------------+----------------+-----------------
3812             |       7952        |      Nil       |
10
-----------------+-------------------+----------------+-----------------
3812             |       12,992      |      25        |
20
-----------------+-------------------+----------------+-----------------
3812             |       15,128      |      140       |
20
-----------------+-------------------+----------------+----------------
140              |        21,444     |      302       |
20

The memory consumption goes up and if I am killing my clients
(which sends HTML/JSP/Servlets requests), then , it hovers
around the same shoot-up value.

I do not know why this is happening? Can anyone tell me why so??

regards,
Satya.
Art meets Anesthesia; Shefali Weds Dr. Raman.
Rediff Matchmaker strikes another interesting match !!
Visit http://matchmaker.rediff.com?1