httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Accept in HTTPS POST ... how to?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:30:18 GMT
Hi Brian,

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 12:02:51PM +0100, Brian Moynihan wrote:
> Do we need a (php) script to accept in the POST? We have been told by our hosting company
that this is not required and everything is set up to accept HTTPS POSTs, i.e. just the folder.

> Our customer who wishes to HTTPS POST us files keeps getting a 404 error, file not found
when attempting to HTTPS POST us the file to the folder which has been setup.

I think there may be some confusion as to precisely what you require.  It
sounds to me like you're looking for "PUT" support, not "POST".  PUT is
used for uploading files, POST is used for submitting forms.

Your hosting provider is correct in that nothing special is required to
support POST, but you certainly do need a script configured to handle PUT
requests - this is accomplished using the 'Script' directive in httpd.conf

Hope that helps,

Zac