httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP Problems
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 05:56:07 GMT
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 07:01:58AM +0200, Robert Andersson wrote:
> the output filter then can use. If so, I doubt that the output filter can
> see the request headers either. Something like that.

That's correct, the output filter will see the response headers.  However,
most (if not all) of the request header values are made available in the
output phase via environment variables so it's not a problem in practice.

It is perhaps reasonable to wonder why the request body is not available in
later stages of request handling.  Minimising memory usage springs to mind
as a likely answer, but I'm just speculating...

Cheers,

Zac