httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache has FrontPage Server Installation
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:47:14 GMT
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:58:40 -0500, Jack L. Stone wrote:

> countries with 60,000 readers. Without FP we would have to add more
> people to do the same enourmous amount of work for the layout of
> text and graphics.

This is quite a bit off topic, but your making me curious. What is it that would need so much
more if you used another similar tool, like DreamWeaver for example, instead of FrontPage?

(Of course I realize it could mean a lot of work to change now, but you did check the competition
before deciding FrontPage is the only tool that can handle the job, right?)

This is somewhat releveant here. In my expereience there are tools other thamn FrontPage that
offers the same advantages but less of the drawbacks. DreamWeaver is one. It has a WYSIWYG
editor but also a code view and IIRC it lets you author with more common dynamic stuff (PHP,
standard CGI etc) instead of proprietary solutions. A tool with the same editing/building
philosophy as FrontPage but based on common standards would be easier to use with Apache as
the chosen server.

Regards
/Jonas
--