httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Simmons <jsimm...@goblin.punk.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse proxy with authentication
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:41:41 GMT
I have an apache installation which is only doing a reverse proxy for an
internal mail server.  I'm using the commands ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse,
and it works quite well.  I'd like to add basic authentication to this
(username, password), but the proxying appears to happen before the auth
commands, which seem to be directory based, kick in.

Is there a way around this to allow a reverse proxy with authentication, or
do I need to go to mod_rewrite to get this to work?

--
Jeff Simmons				       jsimmons@goblin.punk.net
     Simmons Consulting - Network Engineering, Administration, Security

Delirium:     There must be a word for it ... the thing that lets you
                 know that time is happening.  Is there a word?
Sandman:   Change.
Delirium:     Oh.  I was afraid of that.
	      -- Neil Gaiman