httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael A Nachbaur <m...@nachbaur.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache has FrontPage Server Installation ?
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:02:59 GMT
It is actually possible to run FrontPage extensions on an Apache installation.
It depends on your operating system (*nix or Win32), but at the ISP I work
for, we have a Linux server that hosts FrontPage server extensions (using
Microsoft's Unix server extensions[1], and the "Improved mod_frontpage"
module[2] that comes with Mandrake) and ASP code (using Sun's Chili!Soft
ASP[3]).

I actually have learned to loath FrontPage server extensions, since FP sites
(on Linux or Win32) tend to self-destruct occasionally, forcing a complete
re-install of the server extensions on that given host.  But, it can be done
(I have several hundred domains running with ASP/FrontPage on a Mandrake 9.0
machine right now).

1: http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport/faq2002.htm
2: http://home.edo.uni-dortmund.de/~chripo/
3: http://wwws.sun.com/software/chilisoft/index.html

--
/* Michael A. Nachbaur <mike@nachbaur.com>
 * http://nachbaur.com/pgpkey.asc

...[Arthur] leapt to his feet like an author hearing the phone ring...