httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joseph A Nagy Jr <joseph_a_nagy...@charter.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP Problems
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:23:53 GMT

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 04:09, Robert Andersson wrote this in an
attempt to be witty or informative:
> Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
<snip>
> > <Files *.php>
> >     SetOutputFilter PHP
> >     SetInputFilter PHP
> >     LimitRequestBody 524288
> > </Files>
>
> I may be out of touch here, but PHP as input filter??? AFAIK PHP do
> not do this; at least, I cannot see the point. What are you trying to
> accomplish by using this, rather than the conventional AddType,
> setup? Have you read/follow the installation instructions bundled
> with PHP?

That was from /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf which was installed by mod_php

I also have regular PHP installed but haven't a clue on how to use it. I
was hoping I could use mod_php like one can use mod_perl.

> > 192.168.1.1 - - [15/Sep/2003:21:23:40 -0500] "GET /php/ HTTP/1.1"
> > 200 5155 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1
> > .5b) Gecko/20030827"
>
> Did you expect anything else here? I assume you have an index.php in
> that directory, which Apache apparently send as plain/text. This may
> be because your <Files> block may not match an indirect directory
> index file?

I'm not really sure what I expected, to be honest. Yes, the file is
index.php. That happens with or without the <Files> block. I also have
the file, /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf loaded in one of the directories
that are included. I had to comment out the LoadModule line though
because the PHP module was already loaded in the main httpd.conf file.

> I suggest you try this line instead:
>
>     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

Just tried that. My browser (Mozilla 1.5b) wants to download the page.

Go ahead and try http://jan-jr-ent.homelinux.org/php/ again.

- --
Message, the +3 Clue-by-Four of No Attachments to a Mailing List, and
the -4 Shield of No Spell Checker.
http://joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org http://mc-luug.homelinux.org/