httpd-users mailing list archives

From lee fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache VirtualHosts problem
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:46:41 GMT

On Sunday 07 September 2003 23:23, Jason Oakley wrote:
> Anyone else have an idea?
>
> At 10:47 AM 29/08/2003 +1000, you wrote:
> >I have a server which has two copies of apache running with two different
> >ports and conf files.
> >
> >The first one will catch two domain names on the same IP.
> >netreporting.aapt.com.au and
> >plnr.aapt.com.au
> >
> >The second is for plnr.aapt.com.au running on port 81 using apache-ssl.
> >
> >We have a customer who wishes to use the secure site, but doesn't want to
> >put ":81/aaptfiletransfer" in the URL.  I've set up the first apache conf
> >file with a virtualhost which has a Redirect, so if they go to:
> >http://plnr.aapt.com.au
> >the page they get will be:
> >https://plnr.aapt.com.au:81/aaptfiletransfer
> >
> >The VirtualHost directive is being read by the httpd as proven here:
> >-------------------------------------------------
> >VirtualHost configuration:
> >wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
> >*:80                   is a NameVirtualHost
> >                        default server netreporting.aapt.com.au
> > (/pkgs/apache_1.3.27-maxservers/conf/httpd.conf:1039)
> >                        port 80 namevhost netreporting.aapt.com.au
> > (/pkgs/apache_1.3.27-maxservers/conf/httpd.conf:1039)
> >                        port 80 namevhost plnr.aapt.com.au
> > (/pkgs/apache_1.3.27-maxservers/conf/httpd.conf:1044)
> >-------------------------------------------------
> >
> >At the moment, I've even tried not using a Redirect (or Rewrite which I've
> >also tried), but instead just have a separate DocumentRoot for the second
> >hostname. Whether I use the Redirect or use the DocumentRoot, it's still
> >only using the first (default) virtual host.
> >-------------------------------------------------
> >NameVirtualHost *
> >
> ><VirtualHost *>
> >         ServerName netreporting.aapt.com.au
> >         DocumentRoot "/pkgs/apache_1.3.22-sol8/htdocs"
> ></VirtualHost>
> >
> ><VirtualHost *>
> >         ServerName plnr.aapt.com.au
> >#       Redirect permanent / https://plnr.aapt.com.au:81/aaptfiletransfer/
> >         DocumentRoot "/export/securewww/"
> ></VirtualHost>
> >-------------------------------------------------
> >Whichever address you to to, either http://netreporting.aapt.com.au or
> >http://plnr.aapt.com.au it still serves the page from the
> >/pkgs/apache_1.3.22-sol8/htdocs DocumentRoot.

    The hosts are responding seperately OK.  The problem is not
  the VirtualHost configuration.  The problem is that both servers are
  serving precisely the same "index.html".  Did the index.html file for
  the netreporting.aapt.com.au server get wholescale copied to
  plnr.aapt.com.au's DocumentRoot?  The fact that the redirect is to an
  IP address as opposed to the host netreporting.aapt.com.au would
  confirm this is not an apache redirect.