httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fabrice Trichard <ftrich...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Japanese
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 01:53:33 GMT
Hi

But this refers to version 2.0 and I would like to know if this is applicable to version prior
version 2.0.

Thanks
Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Fabrice Trichard wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using Apache on Linux 7.1....english version....my question is :
> Can Apache prior version 2 support Japanese characters along with
> Korean ...and if yes could anyone point out how to do it or a documentation
> explaining it.

Apache send files. It doesn't care about the contents.

Apache also sends meta-information about those files as part of the HTTP
headers. That meta-information is used by clients in deciding how to
handle the files. It is completely up to the server administrator
what kind of meta-information is sent. See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_mime.html
and specifically
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_mime.html#addcharset

Joshua.