httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Frazier ...@kwinternet.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache on 1 IP address
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 14:55:15 GMT
Hi,

So you are saying if you set Listen 192.168.0.60:80 that your server will
pick up on 192.168.0.61 because it is on the same eth interface?

Get rid of the Port 80 directive and forget Bindaddress. When you just use
Listen you should see in netstat the specific IP:80 not a *:80.

Thanks,

Eric

At 02:40 AM 9/8/03 +1000, Russell King wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm aware of the Listen and BindAddress directives/settings in the
httpd.conf file.

>I want to bind apache to 1 IP address only.. all separate IP's on my server
are bound to one
>interface.. so all additional IP's are eth0:1, eth0:2 etc...
>
>Apache only seems to be able bind to one Interface.. I set BindAddress in
the config, restarted
>apache and for some reason it still answers all IP's on that interface..
>
>Is it possible to limit Apache to 1 IP address on an interface with
multiple IP's? or can it only
>limit itself per interface?
>
>Thanks.

(250) 655 - 9513 (PST Time Zone)

"Inquiry is fatal to certainty." -- Will Durant