httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Debugging configuration issues in Apache
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 07:41:08 GMT
Chad M Stewart wrote:
> More than solving the permission issue I want to know how to debug
> Apache in the future.

Hook Apache, or any program, onto a debugger, or running a (s)trace are
common techniques to investigare what goes wrong.

> I would really like to see what configuration options are in effect for a
virtual host, named based.

mod_info may be of _little_ help. Personally I think Apache's module API
should include a common hook for modules to dump their per dir/server
configuration and runtime status, alá /proc.

Regards,
Robert Andersson