httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problems during apache start up
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:02:03 GMT
Kumar Ranjan wrote:
> ./apachectl start
> [Wed Sep 24 08:50:46 2003] [warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port
3340, the
> first has precedence
> [Wed Sep 24 08:50:46 2003] [warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port
3340, the
> first has precedence
> ./apachectl start: httpd started

Are you doing namebased or IP virtual hosting? I think this error indicate
that you have defined two VirtualHosts on the same IP/port pair, while
forgetting to set NameVirtualHost accordingly.

In order to have two namebased vhosts on the same IP and port 3340, you'll
need to have this in your httpd.conf:

    Listen 3340
    NameVirtualHost *:3340
    <VirtualHost *:3340>
        ServerName yourhost1
    </VirtualHost>
    <VirtualHost *:3340>
        ServerName yourhost2
    </VirtualHost>

> It shows that httpd is started yet I cannot connect to the server from any
> browser.

When using a non-standard port, you must access it like:
http://yourhost1:3340/

Regards,
Robert Andersson