httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] APACHE2+WinXP "You don't have permission to access /~..."
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:04:23 GMT
[first, don't start a new topic by replying another]

Herberto Gra├ža wrote:
> The outcome is the error:

> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /~herberto/ on this server.
> Apache/2.0.47 (Win32) Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 80

Please look in the error log, and see what it says.

I'm not too sure this is a Windows permission issue. Do you have a valid
index document in that directory? The default config only recognize
index.html (not index.htm).

Can I assume that you are you using the UserDir feature? I'm not too sure on
how to set that up on Windows though, so someone else would have to help you
if it boils down to a problem with that.

Regards,
Robert Andersson