httpd-users mailing list archives

From Trev Peterson <trev_...@advanced-reality.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.28 problem
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 10:55:02 GMT
Hello,

I have a problem that I experience when going to an Apache 1.3.28 server
on the internet but do not experience it when going to local apache
1.3.27 or 2.0.45 servers.  I can't seem to isolate the problem so any
suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Problem Description: IE 5.00.3315.1000 (standard Win2k version) renders
the page http://advanced-reality.com with large whitespace at the top of
the page when loaded from a link (<a> element).  A reload renders the
page OK.  A forced cache reload (<crtl>-<f5>) renders OK.  Loading a
page by entering the URL causes the render problem the first time it is
loaded, successive loads render correctly.

Problem using:
client - > Squid Proxy (ISP) -> apache 1.3.28

No problem using:
client -> apache 1.3.27
client -> apache 2.0.45

Unfortunately IE5.0 is one of the broswers we must render properly on.
So I have to get this working.  Attempts to change the HTML don't seem
to work, completely removing the top (<div>) section seems to fix it.

Several questions:

Q1: Is this likely to be caused by the Squid Proxy or Apache Server (it
seems to me pages rendered from the proxy render correctly)?

Q2: How does a page load differently from a link than from a reload?

Q3: Any tools/methods to debug this?

Q4: Any suggestions on where else I should look for a solution to this?

Thanks in Advance,

	Trev