httpd-users mailing list archives

From Russell King <russk...@tpg.com.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache on 1 IP address
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 17:24:01 GMT

Hi,

Perhaps my explanation was a little vague.

I didn't say eth0 in the config file.. I was describing the setup of my server.. I have multiple
IP
addresses all bound to one interface card which is eth0 on my Linux box.. all additional IP

addresses for my server are configured as eth0:1, eth0:2 etc.. (IP Aliasing)

In the httpd.conf file I have tried setting BindAddress and Listen to one IP address, the
IP
address assigned to eth0, but every time I restart apache it doesn't just bind to the IP
address I've specified in the config file, instead apache just ignores the setting and continues

to answer on port 80 and 443 for evey IP address on that interface card (eth0, eth0:1 etc...)

Is it possible to limit Apache to 1 IP address? (Even if that IP address is on on an interface

with multiple IP's)