httpd-users mailing list archives

From Klavs Klavsen ...@vsen.dk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd problem
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 14:39:45 GMT
Hi Yogish,

On man, 2003-09-01 at 09:31, Yogish wrote:
> Hi Victor.
>
> I tried to telnet into localhost 80,but connection was refused and when hit
> GET / and entered twice. There was nothing in the header section. But when I
> run 'netstat' command

.. then what?

try netstat -ntap (under linux) or netstat -na (or is it -nt or just
-n?) under windows and if you find somewhere where it says LISTEN and
:80 in the same line, it means something is listening on port 80.

If under Linux, you'll see what process is listening, and it should very
well be something named apache or httpd (depending on distro).

Is this so? If not - mail your output to the list.
--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - kl@vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
who is carrying a .38.