httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Case Sensitivity
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:40:09 GMT
Warhurst, SI (Spencer) wrote:
> I am probably missing your point here, but doesn't [NC] make a rewriterule
> case insensitive?

Yes, but only the matching part. There is no such thing as a
"case-insensitive string"; a character must have a case. The final
filesystem path generated by the rule must exist. On *nix, 'abc' and 'aBc',
is just as different as 'abc' and 'def'.

(from the other message):
> >     AliasMatch ^/(?i)(?!(help|news|etc))(.*) d:/www/lists/$1.html
>
> Things got rather messy when I applied that.. ie: images & stylesheets not
> appearing on various web pages etc.

You would need to exclude their inital paths as well.

Regards,
Robert Andersson