httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Installing Apache 2.0.47 on Windows 98 OS for testing scripts locally
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:09:07 GMT
VIPP wrote:
> On the installation screen, the user is prompted for domain, server name,
> and webmaster's e-mail address.
>
> I am unsure what to enter into these fields as I do not plan on hosting a
> web site, but merely testing perl and cgi scripts locally on my computer.

Just anything to satisfy the installer. You should go look inside httpd.conf
and do changes anyway. You should be able to use "localhost" for
domain/server and for e-mail, just use your e-mail address or a@b.c or
something.

> Also to display the test web pages locally, I have read that the following
> needs to be done.
>
> Web pages not displaying unless you are  connected to the internet...
>
> ...snip...
>
> If I click on the Yes button, then when I want to connect to
> the internet via my dial-up software, will I have to reset this setting?

The horror.

Sorry, I don't have enough experience/knowledge with Win9x and dial-up to
give advice here.

Regards,
Robert Andersson