httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using SuExec with mod_vhost_alias
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 04:49:48 GMT
jess@digitalssg.net wrote:
> It's unfortunate that suexec does not work with vhost_alias.

This lies outside the scope of SuExec's problem domain. As Jushua said, the
purpose of SuExec is to run script under the user/group given to a
VirtualHost.

Without too much knowledge about it, I would guess that the change would be
more appropriate in mod_vhost_alias, so that it would provide a mechanism to
set a uid/gid for every host necessary and thus mimic a normal virtual host
including the uid/gid, which SuExec then could use.

> Does cgiwrap work for all cgi? shell, perl and C?

I have not used cgiwrap, but I see no reason why any distinction would exist
as long as the *file* is executable by the system.

Regards,
Robert Andersson