httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] htpasswd with Apache 2.0 - extra characters at the end of the password
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 01:39:31 GMT

Plain text please!  Now I have no arrows in my response... *grumble*  Adding
by hand.  (sorry if you get this twice, forgot to send to list before I
think).

how to edit the conf file properly.

> The following is an extract(exact text as in  "cut and paste" from the
conf file) of entries in my conf file.

> <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/OGGradPics">
>     Options None
>     AllowOverride AuthConfig
> </Directory>

This look OK.

> C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\OGGradPics:

This doesn't go into the config, I was just referring to the contents of the
.htaccess file.  So create a file C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\htdocs\OGGradPics\.htaccess with the following contents.

> AuthUserFile "C:\.htpasswd"
> AuthName "protected server"
> AuthType Basic
> Require valid-user

The above (minus my >s) goes into the aforementioned .htaccess file.  Got
the hang of it now?

Leif

> After I saved this file and I tried to run it. I get the following errors
from the test configuration tool.

> Syntax error on line 324 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf: