httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP Problems
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 05:01:58 GMT
Zac Stevens wrote:
> PHP only needs to be run as an input filter if you wish to use it to
handle
> POST and PUT requests (among others).  The reason for this is that those
> methods include data in the body of the request; not just the headers, as
> is the case for the GET method.
>
> The difference between input and output filters is the data they work on;
> input filters get the request, while output filters see the response.
> Both will see headers, but only the input filter will see the request
> *body*.

Uhm, on further thought this is probably it. Normal modules do have access
to the request body, but it makes sense that output filters doesn't, so
there must be a corresponding input filter to catch the request body which
the output filter then can use. If so, I doubt that the output filter can
see the request headers either. Something like that.

Regards,
Robert Andersson