httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] https + mod_proxy + mod_ldap
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:27:04 GMT
Pruniaux ghislain wrote:
> Everything is ok but i can not assigne the "/" to stay in the directory
> "/test", i explain :
>
> When in http://intranet/page.html , there is a link who begin with
> "/test.hml" the proxy link with  "https://server/test.html" and not
> "https://server/intranet/test.html" .

Of course, why should your browser violate path rules?

> I can not speficie to map the "/" with "/intranet/" .. if you have any
> idea ???

Short answer: no, you cannot (generally) do that. Apache won't fiddle with
any content. You could use some obscure filter, and in some dark corner of
my mind I seem to recall that some module exists that possible could do
this. Doing automated absolute->relative path translation in HTML pages is a
much more complex task than you would initially think, and cannot be done
perfectly.

However, using absolute paths (eg. /foo/bar.html) is bad, as you now
experience. I suggest you rather fix your ├Čntranet site to use relative
paths. In this case, use "test.html" instead of "/test.html".

Regards,
Robert Andersson