httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess mystery....
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 20:02:36 GMT
Hello.  Please post in text-only to the list.  See comments below.

file which refers to the same password file and put it under a directory on
the other virtual host.  I made the permissions the same as the other file
yet it does not work.  I restarted apache.  LDYC virtualhost is the one that
works..

> Thanks for any help,
> Dan
>

> Here is what I think is the relevant part of my config:
>
> # AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
> # It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
> #   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
> #
>     AllowOverride None
>
> #
> # Controls who can get stuff from this server.
> #
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
>
> # The following lines prevent .htaccess and .htpasswd files from being
> # viewed by Web clients.
> #
> <Files ~ "^\.ht">
>     Order allow,deny
>     Deny from all
> </Files>
>

> Virtual host setup:
>
> NameVirtualHost 172.29.128.21
>
> <VirtualHost 172.29.128.21>
> ServerName www.mapolce.com
> DocumentRoot /some/directory/
> ServerAdmin dan@mapolce.com
> Alias /icons/ "/var/www/icons/"
> Alias /icon/ "/var/www/icons/"
> ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/mapolce_error_log
> CustomLog /var/log/httpd/mapolce_access_log combined
> </VirtualHost>
>

> <VirtualHost 172.29.128.21>
> ServerName www.ldyc.com
> DocumentRoot /some/directory
> ServerAdmin dan@mapolce.com
> Alias /icons/ "/var/www/icons/"
> Alias /icon/ "/var/www/icons/"
> ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/yacht_error_log
> CustomLog /var/log/httpd/yacht_access_log combined
> </VirtualHost>

One thing I don't see is a Directory directive under each of the
DocumentRoot directives, inside of which there should at least be an
AllowOverride AuthConfig.  I'm not even sure how any .htaccess files are
working with your config, as the global AllowOverride is set to None, and
there's nothing enabling it in the VIrtualHost sections.

Leif

========
Example
========