httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie question .. please help
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 04:50:24 GMT
(plain text, please)

I don't know if you solved it, but couldn't see any concluding post, so...

Winanjaya wrote:
> Hi.. It works already .. but I met different problem now, :  the main
> domain is lippogeneral.com and the additional domains are winceleste.com
> and bytel.com .. my problem is why it always open winceleste.com site if I
> open the main domain (lippogeneral.com) .. ?

Obviously it didn't work, right?

This behaviour is because when Apache gets a request and it cannot match it
with a VirtualHost it will (generally) default to the first defined
VirtualHost. In your case, it's likely that Apache cannot match neither
winceleste.com nor lippogeneral.com, but as the former happens to be defined
before the latter, it always shows.

It can be due to numerous reasons. If you post the relevant portion of your
config, eg. these directives/blocks:
- Listen
- NameVirtualHost
- <VirtualHost>