httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan Snow" <s...@straightlinephobia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] MaxClient Requests
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:43:26 GMT
I have my MaxClent set to 256. all other settings are on default and I am running apache 2
I have a p4 2.4 with 1Gig of ram

I have next to no traffic about 150 unique's a day and I get maxclient requests reached after
a day of running.

I was wondering how to configure max clients requests properly
I've run Top and see that the RSS used for my apache is around 12000K , which divided into
my free RAM doesn't leave too much room for a lot of clients, but I am hearing about people
using like 1000...

I can't find any zombie scripts or any that maybe leaking.. but I don't know how to look for
them very well either, was wondering if there was any other tools I can use to help find them.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Ry.