httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mandrich" <mandr...@4fts.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting Woes.......
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:47:55 GMT
Hi All,

I'm having some difficulty getting my virtual hosting to work. Apache starts
fine and shows no errors. All domains have entries on my local name server
that point to the one IP for the machine. Any of the domains I've created
route to the box, but I only get the default directory and not the assigned
directory regardless of which site I request. Nothing shows up in the logs
specified under the virtual hosting directive, and the http access log just
shows a regular served request for the domain I requested. I've done my best
to read through the apache online docs, but it rally seems pretty straight
forward. I must be overlooking something really simple. Any thoughts or
suggestions? Are there directives that I should comment out form the 'main'
server section? Below is my Virtual hosting section:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.200:80

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
#<VirtualHost *:80>
#    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
#    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
#    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
#    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
#</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.200:80>
ServerName www.Dom1.com
DocumentRoot /var/local/www/data/Dom1
ErrorLog /var/log/Dom1-error_log
CustomLog /var/log/Dom1-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.200:80>
ServerName www.Dom2.com
DocumentRoot /var/local/www/data/Dom2
ErrorLog /var/log/Dom2-error_log
CustomLog /var/log/Dom2-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

Thank you in advance for any help!

Mark