httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David" <amdaw...@starhub.net.sg>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Creating some form-based website to conduct surveys using HTTP Server
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:50:01 GMT
I forgot to add that I have no knowledge of any scripting languages like
CGI, PHP or whatsoever.
I am relatively competent with java programming language and I am
proficient with GUI Builders like JBuilder and stuff.
If I need to design an applet form, it should be okay for me.

Regards
David

-----Original Message-----
From: David [mailto:amdawong@starhub.net.sg]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 2:40 AM
To: HTTP Server Users
Subject: [users@httpd] Creating some form-based website to conduct
surveys using HTTP Server

Hi guys,

I am trying to set up a website that is meant to collect information and
conduct survey on the internet.
There will be a series of questions on the website and the users will
just to have to type in the answers
or select from a combo box.

These information will then have to be sent to my HTTP server (which is
hosting the website). My server will collect these information and
probably write them to a file or something.

I understand this is something which needs Tomcat to do it. However, I
am under tight time constraint and need to implement it fast. I hope I
can stick to HTTP server to do the job.

Any ideas how I can do this using my current HTTP server?

Warmest Regards