httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Mandelsberg" <jac...@sonic.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Help Installing Apache 2.0 on Win2k machine running IIS
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:14:44 GMT
Hi,
I'm on Win 2K machine where I develop ASP,  runing IIS 5.0 using
http://localhost
I would like to install and check out Apache on this same machine, but my
machine is NOT a registered server.
Please advise how to correctly fill-in the following two items during the
Apache/Windows install:

Network Domain. Enter the DNS domain in which your server is or will be
registered in. For example, if your server's full DNS name is
server.mydomain.net, you would type mydomain.net here.
Server Name. Your server's full DNS name. From the example above, you would
type server.mydomain.net here.

Thank you,
jm