httpd-users mailing list archives

From "SWIT" <m...@s-wit.net>
Subject [users@httpd] OT:Flame me if you feel the need -MYSQL
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2003 02:21:22 GMT
I know this if OT but man I don't really want to join another list.  yea
whining. its the best part of me sometimes.

But I figure most of you all have installed mysql with apache and might know
what I did wrong.

MySQL is not running on your system - database list could not be retrieved.
(error from webmin)

>From the command line:
badboy# Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data
030912 22:08:06  mysqld ended
[1]    Done                          ./mysqld_safe

I RTFM (twice) I followed the instructions.
However i was logged in as su - when I did all the things it said. Not sure
if that matters.
4.0.14 is the mysql version . apache is 2.06 (see its a apache question - oh
well tried).
this is the FreeBSD binaries. FreeBSD 4.8 is the OS version.

I have installed MYSQL before and can't figure out what I did wrong.

So flame me if you want but I really hope someone can help cuz its driving
me nuts.

Md