httpd-users mailing list archives

From "craig franke" <craig.fra...@harlingen.tstc.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Installing Apache-1.3.28 on RedHat 9
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 21:27:06 GMT
Hmm I ran into something like this when RH 9 first came out.  Was recompiling part of my mail
system [qmail+courierimap+vpopmail] because they changed one of the libraries to a new version
in RH9 and I had to modify a couple of the openssl headers to get everything to work properly
[in addition to the qmail, etc.. sources].

I did this back in March though so I don't remember exactly what I had to get everything to
work together. I think it was mainly changing how some of the header files for openssl were
referenced so that the compiler could find them. [And sorry I can't remember the terms off
the top of my head since I don't get to do much C/C++ programming anymore, but it was difference
between headers being "" and headers being <>]

But hopefully this puts you on the right track.

Craig

>>> peter@castandcrew.com 08/07/03 04:02PM >>>
I have a system with new and clean RedHat 9 installation.

I downloaded and unpacked apache_1.3.28 and
mod_ssl-2.8.15-1.3.28.

In mod_ssl directory I ran:
 ./configure --apache=../apache_1.3.28

Here are the configure options I used for apache:
./configure \
        --prefix="/usr/local/apache_1.3.28"     \
        --enable-module=most    \
        --enable-module=ssl     \
        --enable-shared=max     \
        --enable-shared=ssl

I didn't noticed any errors so far.

But the build process exited with this:
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:72:18: krb5.h: No such file or directory
following with a lot of "parse error".

I found /usr/kerberos/include/krb5.h file.
Here are all krb5* packages I have installed:
 krb5-libs-1.2.7-10
 pam_krb5-1.60-1
 krb5-devel-1.2.7-10

What is missing? Where should I look for the error?

Thank you
Peter