httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ola Ogunneye" <oogun...@adventisthealthcare.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can this be done with Apache?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:30:13 GMT
Thanks for the pointer. My problem is that I am looking at my httpd.conf
file, and I have the following settings already:

serverAdmin:   ola@email.com
ServerName:  server.example.com:80
DocumentRoot : E:/Apache/Apache2/Htdocs

<Directory "E:/Apache/Apache2/htdocs">

With all this, don't I need 2 document roots if I want to host 2 sites?
Will I need to change any of the above and just go to the bottom of
httpd.conf file and do the virtual host directive, Load the module for
vhosts...

Is this what I need to do for example?

NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.1:80

#
#VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:80>
    ServerAdmin ola@email.com
    DocumentRoot D:/Apache/Apache2/htdoc
    ServerName server1.example.com
    ErrorLog logs/server1.example.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/server1.example.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:80>
    ServerAdmin ola@email.com
    DocumentRoot D:/Apache/Apache2/htdocs
    ServerName server2.example.com
    ErrorLog logs/server2.example.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/server2.example.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

Would the above scenarios work or am I doing it all wrong?

thanks again.

Ola

>>> robert@profundis.nu 08/06/03 09:58AM >>>
Ola Ogunneye wrote:
> Does that mean that my current configuration would need
> to be redone? When I did my first install, using a binary file,
> I provided the domain name and some basic info when
> installing Apache, ...

I have not followed the discussion with great attention, but you
generally
don't configure Apache during the installtion process. I don't really
understand why the Windows binary forces you to do that. Just go into
your
httpd.conf and do the changes according to the documentation; you should
always go through the configuration file by hand and do necessary
changes
for your particular setup.

Regards,
Robert Andersson