httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Brosnan <and...@broscom.com>
Subject [users@httpd] scripted authentication
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:45:47 GMT
Hello,

I would like to protect a directory at a point where users have already
logged in (via a customized process).

Basic authentication requires users type in username and passwd. I was
searching for a way to have my scripts pass those credentials directly
to Apache, thus avoiding the additional login window. Looking through
the list archives it appears this can't be done. Is that correct?

If not, can someone offer recommendations on how else to control access
to directories and files with Apache? A gentle shove in the right
direction would be appreciated.

Thank you.