httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Name Virtual Host issues
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 01:45:57 GMT

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, ted sam  wrote:

> John,
>
> Thanks for your response...
>
> Here is the log messages.  I tried it from two hosts...  One on the
> inside and one on the out...
>
> (cut and pasted) [Fri Aug 15 18:09:41 2003] [error] [client
> 209.125.241.233] Directory index forbidden by rule: D:/web/tas/

This means the Options line applying to the relevant directory does not
contain the "Indexes" option, and there is no index.html in that
directory.

If what you want is a page to show up, put an index.html file in that
directory (or whatever filename is specified by DirectoryIndex in
httpd.conf).

If what you want is a listing of files in that directory, then you need to
add the Indexes option.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#indexes

And also note that DocumentRoot for a virtual host should be an absolute
path, as in
DocumentRoot d:/web/taz

Joshua.