httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Server Port
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 22:21:32 GMT

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Fr. Anthony Nelson wrote:

> When I inherited our Apache2 server it was running on port 81 because a
> previous ISP had blocked port 80 to discourage the use of web servers. But
> since changing ISP's that is no longer an issue, and I *really* want to
> change back to port 80 to avoid some of the problems involved with port
> forwarding, etc.
>
> However, I've been unable to make it happen. I have gone through the
> configuration file and changed every instance of port 81 to 80, but that
> does not make it happen. So either I'm missing something, or there's more
> to it than that. Can anyone suggest how to proceed?

The primary directive controlling the port is the Listen directive.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/bind.html
Other things you probably need to change include ServerName, and any
NameVirtualHost and VirtualHost directives.

If you change Listen and it has no effect, then either you aren't editting
the correct config file, or you are properly restarting the server.

Joshua.