httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Writing ProxyBlock dynamically...anybody doing it?
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:01:01 GMT

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Timothy Stone wrote:
> This is an interesting suggestion! Thank you for the reply. However, at
> this time I cannot get it to work.
>
> Add directives to httpd.conf:     check
> Restart Apache:                   check
> Set client to use proxy:          check
> Go to "http://www.weather.com/":  check, test page served
> Go to "http://www.mapquest.com/": fail, test page served

Hmmm... I thought you wanted the reverse.  Perhaps you should be more
clear on exactly what you are trying to block.

I'd start by making sure that <Proxy> sections are working for you at all.
For example

<Proxy *>
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
</Proxy>

should block all access and the same thing replacing * with a URL should
block that URL.  If that works, then I'd try something like:

<ProxyMatch ^(?!http://www.mapquest.com)/.*$>
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
</ProxyMatch>