httpd-users mailing list archives

From Arman Danesh <arm...@juxta.com>
Subject [users@httpd] 302 HTTP Status Codes
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 05:35:29 GMT

I'm having a strange problem which I can't track down and am not sure if
ColdFusion or Apache is at fault.

I have an Apache 2.0.44 system running on RedHat 7.2 with ColdFusion MX
Updater 3 running numerous name-based virtual hosts. Some of those hosts
use CF, others don't.

The problem is this: sometimes (and not too often) when users access the
root index file for a site they end up getting the root index file for
another site. For instance, if http://a.com and http://b.com are both
virtual sites on my Apache server, accessing http://b.com returns the
index file for http://a.com but then any references to images, etc. in
that index file are broken because they are relative and the server tries
to return them from the document root for http://b.com. Basically, things
look messy. Usually, reloading the page forces the servers to return the
correct http://b.com index page.

I believe I have located an anomaly in the Apache access logs which occurs
at the same time this behavior happens: instead of seeing a 200 HTTP
Status code (OK) when accessing / in http://b.com's access log, I see a
302 HTTP Status code (Found). This doesn't tell me what's causing this to
occur or where the source is but I do know that I have only seen the
problem when a user attempts to access a ColdFusion site on the server.
Still, not knowing where to look for the problem, I'm querying this list
to see if anyone can point in the right direction to debug this.

Thanks.

Arman