httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hansen <jer...@methanesea.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] single log file for multiple virtual hosts - another question
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:13:36 GMT

So if I use a pipe in CustomLog to have a script do the sorting on the fly
for me, is this still better then just using a CustomLog directive per
virtual host?  If it sorted on the fly to seperate log files, isn't this
the same as just opening all those file handles to begin with?  I'm just
trying to figure out the proper approach to actually save resources.
Should I have everything log to a single file and process that file
outside of apache all together sorting based on %V in the first field of
the log?

Thanks
-jeremy