httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hansen <jer...@methanesea.com>
Subject [users@httpd] single log file for multiple virtual hosts
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:51:35 GMT

I was wondering if anyone has a good recipe for doing this.  I'm aware of
the %V for Logformat.  How do you actually tell all your virtual host
directives to send its logging to a single log without opening up more
file handles?  My goal is to reduce the amount of open file handles
needed.  Right now I have a separate log file for each virtual host and
from what I've been reading you can reduce used resources by having only
one log and sorting it on the backend.

With mod_vhost_alias this seems easy since.  Is that the only way to be
able to do this?  I can't use mod_vhost for a number of reasons but a
single log file seems like a decent idea to reduce resource usage.

Thanks
-jeremy