httpd-users mailing list archives

From SAQIB <sa...@seagate.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Child process
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 03:58:22 GMT
If you are using 2.0, it depends on your configuration. For detailed info
read:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/misc/perf-tuning.html
and
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/prefork.html
and
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/worker.html

Basically each thread spawned from one process can handle each request, or
a new process (with just one thread) can be created for each request.

Saqib Ali
---------
http://www.xml-dev.com

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Tassy Lim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Good day ...
>
> I wish to know more about the child process.
>   1.. When we open a browser, how many httpd process it will generate ??
>   2.. How many child processes it will generate ??? How long per child process will stay
in the server ? Will they kill by themself ??