httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wouter van Vliet" <wou...@esctoday.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Printing to STDERR writes to global error_log instead of virtual host ..
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:16:30 GMT
Tere ├Áhtust!

I don't know what's going on .. but I sure hope some of you folks do. I've
got this website and I want the ErrorLog to just recieve everything that's
being written to STDERR (from perl over mod_perl, from php through
fopen('php://stderr', 'w')..). Something that's usually not a problem. It
has not been a problem anywhere to me. But now, I have the following
VirtualHost settings {they are shown at the bottom of this mail} for my
local testing environment. Errors generated by apache are sent to the
correct error_log, but those written to STDERR are recieved by
/var/log/httpd/error_log as is the specified error_log in
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.

Any clues?

Thanks a lot !
Wouter

===== virtual host settings =====

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.4>
        ServerName      esctoday

        ErrorLog        /opt/guide/www.esctoday.com/logs/error_log
        CustomLog       /opt/guide/www.esctoday.com/logs/access_log common
        ScriptLog       /opt/guide/www.esctoday.com/logs/script_log

        DocumentRoot    /opt/guide/www.esctoday.com/HTML

        ServerAdmin     info@esctoday.com

        <Directory "/opt/guide/www.esctoday.com/">
                    Options All FollowSymLinks MultiViews ExecCGI Includes

                    AllowOverride None

                    Order allow,deny
                    Allow from all
                    DirectoryIndex index.php
        </Directory>

        <Files ~ "\.pl$">
                    SetHandler perl-script
                    PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry
                    Options ExecCGI
        </Files>

        # PHP Settings

        php_value       auto_prepend_file
"/opt/guide/www.esctoday.com/eg/prepend.inc.php"
        php_value       auto_append_file
"/opt/guide/www.esctoday.com/eg/append.inc.php"
        php_value       register_globals        Off

</VirtualHost>