httpd-users mailing list archives

From Colin.Sle...@transwareplc.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to get Apache installed and working on Windows ME
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:09:43 GMT

Hi Louise,

You can check which port has been assigned for  Apache to run by checking
the httpd.conf in the conf directory of your apache installation .  The
directive you are looking for is the Listen port_number .  You can also
check your syntax by running the apachectl configtest in the
Apache_HOME_directory/bin. If the syntax is correct try starting the
service manually by using the apachectl start (for ssl use apachectl
startssl)

Regards Colin

                      Louise Deane

                      <cuteylou_2000@ya        To:       users@httpd.apache.org

                      hoo.co.uk>               cc:

                                               Subject:  [users@httpd] How to get Apache installed
and working on Windows ME
                      01/08/2003 15:37

                      Please respond to

                      users

I have executed the WIN32 binary file which I downloaded from the apache
site

but when I go to run it, it says that port 80 is invalid
I checked out the port status and all 3 are free, I was thinking that it
was IIS Admin that was causing the problem but seen as all ports appear to
be free I have a feeling that it is somehting to do with modules????

Any help would be appreciated
thanks
louise

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo!
Messenger