httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David M. Wilson" <tool...@cox-internet.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] problem getting arguments from urls
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2003 23:53:20 GMT

See the following document on the PHP website:
http://us3.php.net/register_globals

It should explain how to enable the behavior you want in PHP.
Also, please read the warnings (especially the 2nd paragraph).

While it's easier to refer to /somepage.php?myvar=20030803
as $myvar this is very insecure.  Consider using the PHP
superglobal $_REQUEST[]  (if I recall, $_REQUEST["myvar"])

Hope this helps,

D M Wilson

-----Original Message-----
From: unknow [mailto:unk_now@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 4:52 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] problem getting arguments from urls

Hi there !
I have been using Apache+PHP+MySql since a while for
my web developments and I just installed almost the
latests release of each product : apache 1.3.27, PHP
4.3.1 and MySql 4.0.14

After a few configuration, everything runs fine, well
almost :

My problem is that arguments passed within URLs to PHP
pages are not set within the PHP code.

For example :
http://localhost/cke/msgread.php?$idm=200100004

The variable is NOT set inside msgread.php. If I add
the line <? $idm=200100004 ?> then all code & mysql
request works, so it really seems to be the only
problem.

-- truncated --