httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to allow from non-reversible host name?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:35:06 GMT
OK, I know how to do:   allow from <dotted IP address>
and I know how to do:   allow from <domain suffix string>
but how do I do:        allow from <non-reversible host by name>

Apparently, the allow from mydomain.tld works by taking the requester's IP
address and doing a reverse lookup to get the domain, and then doing a
string match.  What I want is for httpd to lookup the IP address of the
symbolic name I provide, and do an exact match against the IP returned.

	--- Noel