httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] RE: Can't POST over 500K
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:45:07 GMT

Apache has no arbitrary limit on POST data. The limitiation must
originate elsewhere.

I use the exact same mechanism (multipart/form-data) as you on a website
where users can upload large files and ran into a bizarre 1M limit a few
months ago. After much gnashing and wailing the problem was traced to a
new hardware component which our network guys had installed between the
FW and webserver. The gadget in question was an Ingrian SSL accelerator
which happened to have a default (but configurable) limit of 1 MB for
uploads.

Trace the full route of packets coming in from the moment they leave the
internet until they reach your server and check out each and every
hardware and software layer they pass through for undocumented or
default limits...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

views of the sender's company.